We begin at 8am every morning with a solid breakfast. The morning program runs from 9am till lunch, including a short break halfway through. The afternoon program runs from app 2:00, and also includes a short break. The evening program is relevant but less demanding. It features artistic performances, outdoor campfire, and group activities and continues till app 10pm.
Day 1: Introduction
- Getting together, getting to know each other
- Why a Dialogue Academy, its aims or our possible role
- Cultural roots, East and West
Day 2: Grand Challenges
- Our contemporary world
- Critical issues of our time
- East meets West: same challenges, different perspectives?
Day 3: Cross-Cultural Understanding
- Human beings, cultural products?
- Socialization, being cultured?
- East and West, moving together or drifting apart?
Day 4: Traditional and New Media
- Perceived role on social cohesion
- Infotainment and information overload
- Media and political populism
Day 5: Animosities in International Politics
- Do we all need enemies?
- The Korean peninsula as a testbed for global peace and conflict
- Media and the North Korean Case
Day 6 & 7: Green Agenda in a Good Society (a two day excursion)
- Economic development, environmental destruction?
- Nature – Culture, the main challenges and how to act responsibly
Day 8: Science, Education and Society
- The future of education, and education for what?
- Skills versus Human Qualities, individual and societal needs
Day 9: Memory and Identity
- The role of history, East and West
- How to understand nationalism, historical and emotional perspectives
Day 10: Unity with Diversity
- Eurasia – East West common future?
- After Globalization?
- Human relations, social relations
- A network is formed